Terms And Conditions
- www.surfermates.com is operated by Barry Dowd and Matthew Barlow (we).
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide without notice. We will not be liable if our site or any part of it, is unavailable at any time. Passwords or any information forming part of our security, user access or account procedures, must be kept confidential by users. We have the right to disable any user account at any time. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection or computer are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- IPR - We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site. All such rights are reserved. You may not use any part or materials on our site without obtaining a license to do so.
- You must not misuse our site by introducing viruses or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, server or database connected with our site. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will disclose your identity to them.
- You agree not to use any automated system (including, without limitation, any robot, spider or offline reader) that accesses the service in a manner that sends more request messages to our site in a given period of time than a single human being can in the same period. You agree to use only publicly available, standard (i.e. not modified) web browsers.
- You may use a link to our site that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation. You must not establish a link to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Unless agreed in writing with Barry Dowd and Matthew Barlow, you have no rights to use any of our site’s trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive features.
- You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any of our site content for any purpose without the prior written consent of Barry Dowd and Matthew Barlow.
- You will not solicit login information, or access an account belonging to someone else. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user. You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains graphic or gratuitous violence. You will not provide information you know to be false or create a user account for a third party.
- surfermates.com (our site) is a participation website involving the recording of physical activity. By using our site you agree that Barry Dowd and Matthew Barlow (we) shall not be liable for any property damage to you or any third party. Our site users participate on the sole understanding that they do so at their own risk.
- Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user.
- The material on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law we exclude any liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site for loss of income, business, data, goodwill, employee time and any other loss or damage, however arising and whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. This does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. We do not endorse any content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we disclaim any and all liability in connection with user content.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer, applications, data or other proprietary material from the use of our site, material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights – We will block access to, remove content and suspend user accounts that may contain material that infringes the copyrights of third parties.
- To report site content that may infringe your copyright, please either send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the report abuse link within the site content player. We may then disable access to the relevant content and contact the content provider. If the registered user believes that the relevant content is not infringing, or the registered user has the right to post and use such content from the copyright owner, we will request key information to support such a counterclaim. We reserve the right to provide both the registered user and claimant with all correspondence to aid a swift resolution.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Barry Dowd and Matthew Barlow.
- By using our site, you consent to any processing of the information you provide us with and warrant that all data provided by you is accurate. This includes but is not limited to registration, form completion, user account updates, subscriptions, posting material, information requests, problem and abuse reporting and competition entry.
- We may use your data, or permit third parties to use your data, to provide you with information which may be of interest to you given your user account profile and the data you have provided us with. We or they may contact you by email.
- Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
- The Act gives you the right to access certain information that we may hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information that we may hold about you.